Peanut butter is not what everybody may associate with a great cocktail or a stiff drink; however, this highly popular sweet spread has some most engaging qualities when added to certain alcoholic beverages. All that is needed is some imagination and little flare and you too could be making the next great cocktail that will be served in the best of wine bars and restaurants. We have given you a bit of a head start by listing some classic alcoholic drinks that contain peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Cup Martini
Everybody loves the drink that should be shaken and not stirred, but it is doubtful that James Bond would be seen drinking one of these.
- Ingredients – one and a half ounces of chocolate vodka, one ounce of rum, three quarter ounce chocolate liqueur, half ounce cream, one peanut butter cup.
If you fancy a sweet shooter as a pick me up then try a Hershey Squirt and you might be pleasantly surprised.
- Ingredients – a third of an ounce of butter shots, half an ounce of Baileys Irish Cream, one tablespoon of Hershey’s chocolate syrup and a teaspoon of peanut butter.
Mix the buttershots, and Baileys in a shooter glass, and the Hershey’s chocolate syrup and shake the mixture well. Finally add the peanut butter and shoot the whole concoction.
This cocktail is for people who do not like their booze too strong and tend to sip at their drinks. If you like chocolate, then you will like Peanutty Buddy.
- Ingredients – one and a half ounces of Frangelico, three ounces of cold milk, one ounce of Creme de Cacao, half ounce of peanut butter, and three ounces of lemon and lime soda.
Simply pour all the ingredients together in a shaker and give the entire mixture a good shake, then pour over ice into a Collins glass. Top up with the lemon and lime soda and serve immediately.
Flor de Cana Peanut Butter and Jelly
An extremely long name for a cocktail and a very interesting one too, the basis of the drink centers on the Flor de Cana which is seven-year-old rum.
- Ingredients – one and a half ounces of Flor de Cana, half an ounce of Lustau Almacenista Palo Cortado, quarter ounce of strawberry jam, quarter ounce peanut butter, one egg white.
Not using ice shake all the ingredients together, once done add ice and shake thoroughly once more. Strain the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass that is edged with chopped salted peanuts. You can garnish this delicious beverage with a slice of banana.
Elvis the Pelvis
Another martini to finish our alcoholic peanut butter drinks blog, this one featuring three different shots of booze and a garnish of bacon bits?
- Ingredients – two ounces of NutLiquor Peanut Butter Vodka, one ounce of Baileys Irish Cream, one ounce of Creme de Banane, peanut butter, bacon bits and honey.
In an ice shaker mix all the alcoholic components together, then spread some peanut butter liberally on a plate, roll the rim of a classic martini glass in the peanut butter. Then on a separate plate scatter some bacon bits and roll and coat the martini glass rim in the bits. Take the glass and drizzle honey inside, then add the alcohol. The idea is whilst taking a sip of the drink such the peanut butter and bacon off the glass for the full effect.
These dazzling cocktails and shooters are livened up by the use of peanut butter, try and make them at home and enjoy.